Chat with Abigail Ross Hopper
In this episode, Sharon Lee tells us about The Sunnyside Podcast, what it is going to be about and what to expect from it. Basically, the purpose of this podcast is making solar energy relatable, accessible and attainable through the stories of different women who are solar industry titans, which is a male-dominated space.
Insights from this Episode:
- What The Sunnyside Podcast is going to be about
- The principal purpose and message of The Sunnyside Podcast
- What to expect from the Podcast
Quotes from the Show:
- “Solar may be considered a male-dominated industry but that’s only numbers, women are moving mountains everyday from engineering, design, legislative policy making…they can do it all, we can do it all”– Sharon Lee in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
- “Guests on The Sunnyside will include folks from all across the industry and variety of markets”– Sharon Lee in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
- “I hope you’ll stick with us as we learn and grow together talking about what makes this industry [solar] thrive and expert women who are leading the pack in the thick of it all, balancing life and enjoying this crazy ride”– Sharon Lee in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
Sharon Lee taps over a decade of solar sales experience, having led the creation of a solar division for a leading manufacturing/construction firm, resulting in over 17 MW of solar in its portfolio as well as solar ultimately becoming its highest grossing revenue vertical. Lee has been involved in the GA Solar Energy Association, serving on the board of directors as the marketing chair, organizing the annual conference, as well as vice chair, and ultimately the first female chair of the organization in 2015. She is also a charter member of the Professional Women in Building chapter of the Greater Atlanta Homebuilders Association, a member of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), and Women in Solar Energy (WISE). Lee earned her B.S. degree in communications with double minors in marketing and psychology from Middle Tennessee State University, after spending three years at the University of Tennessee in the pre-health curriculum. Lee is the mom of two boys, ages 14 and 11 and a rabid college football fan. She and her husband, John, spend most of their free time at the baseball or football fields, unless they can steal away for a quick round of golf.
LinkedIn: Sharon Lee
Facebook: Sharon Lee
Subscribe to our podcast + download each episode on Spotify.
This episode was produced and managed by Podcast Laundry.